Somatic Experiencing is a scientifically based, holistic approach to healing the effects of unresolved traumatic events.
Somatic Experiencing harnesses the brain’s natural ways of working to “reset” the nervous system, resolve trauma, and restore health.
Symptoms of unresolved trauma include:
- Problems with sleeping/nightmares
- Difficulty relaxing
- Racing thoughts
- Repetitive thoughts that you can’t control
- Feeling compelled to do specific things over and over
- Aches and pains
- Difficulty focusing
- Feeling stuck
- Angry outbursts you can’t control
- Anger that comes out of nowhere
- Frequent irritability and/or impatience
If you are struggling with more that two or three of these symptoms, you may be coping with unresolved trauma.
Somatic Experiencing can help.